Saturday, November 3, 2012

Day Three.... The Gospel

Day three of being thankful... I am thankful for the gospel!!! For those of you who don't know, I didn't quite grow up LDS. I consider myself a convert. Although I was baptized and my parents considered themselves LDS, we weren't active and didn't practice any religion for that matter. I would go to church with friends or neighbors, but that was the extent of my involvement. It wasn't until I met my husband that I really began attending church and gained a knowledge of what the church was really all about. For the first three years of our marriage we dabbled here and there with church but never really committed until we bought our home in 2008. I felt like we had finally landed and I wanted to reach out and make some friends in the neighborhood and what better way than to attend church, right? Well at least in Utah. LOL So that's about when I gained a testimony and became a "regular" on the church scene. ha ha Then on December 1st, 2010 Andy and I were sealed in the temple for time and all eternity. We had Ella and Rowan sealed to us as well, making us an ETERNAL family. Now I truly have a special place in my heart for the gospel and the LDS church. It has changed my life in so many ways. It has blessed my family and I, making us stronger, obedient, forgiving and humble. I am so grateful for this beautiful gift that has been bestowed upon me. I wish everyone could feel the love and compassion that I feel for this church. Today I attended not one, but two baptisms. I love watching the whole baptism process and listening to the testimonies of how important baptism is and what it stands for. I hope my children will always have a love for the gospel like I do.




LOL.. This is for my friend Cicily. BUT SERIOUSLY!!! We all secretly feel this way. ha ha

No comments:

Post a Comment